Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bean's First Post

My expectations for "Lucky" include the almost constant descripitive details of the author's experiences that make me want to keep reading. From reading the memoir so far, I know that the writer has gotten raped in the underground entrance of the ampitheatre at her college. She included every detail like her feelings, thoughts, the moves of the man, and the conversation they had. After the rape, she had difficulty telling her mother what had happened to her.

I chose to read this book over the others because I have heard from many people that it is very good. I usually only read books that draw me in at the very beginning and make me want to keep reading. Also, I enjoy reading books about people that go through traumatic and life-changing experiences like the author of "Lucky" or like the girl in "Cut" by Patricia McCormick.

No comments:

Post a Comment